Saturday, March 12, 2011

New heading!

Did you notice I have changed the heading to Jane Madly Quilting? thats me I am a little bit mad, trying to juggle too many balls at once, falling over sometimes.
My quilting life aims are to try to be just that little bit different, to rock the boat a little, to do the unexpected. You may think that I am straight laced and serious, but underneath I am a bit crazy and enjoy to be different.
My quilts, while traditional  sometimes always have some unexpected little aspect.
My life is not ordered, I work shift work, I sleep at odd times of the day, I am well known to go to sleep at dinner parties at someone elses house, even at my own house when I am the host!
My family knows that this is me and they just get on and accept it that I am just that little bit mad......
This is a close up of my quilt juried into the Queensland Quilters State of the Art quilt exhibition last year. It is an image of a hand, my sons actually. My father passed away in 2009, he always greeted people with his hand outstretched, it is a quilt made in his memory. Heavily free motion machine quilted. My daughter had done some drawings of heavily patterned hands, almost like henna tattoo designs, so I used this idea to decorate the hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment