Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Culprit

I have been feeling of colour these past few days, it turns out the new coffee machine my husband has, is the culprit. I usually have one latte every 2-3 weeks, now one every day, Oh and he has been putting a double shot in- no wonder I feel as if I am about to have a heart attack!
This is a small part of a "healing hearts" quilt for my friend Jan's son, Edward who is unwell. Many SQuilters have made the blocks and I am machine quilting the quilt. The elephant block is mine, I have triednot to identify the other makers in this picture. The qulting design is a variation on the 2012 Free Motion Quilting challenge -January design- in the side bar on this blog. I found it to be a bit heart like, and with some swirls fits quite nicely round the hearts. Edward is an Arsenal supporter, so there are some 'gunners' in there too (one just peeking out of the right hand corner). Hope to have it finished in about 1 hour then it goes back home.
It is heartwarming to read the messsages on this quilt, some made by Tasmanian friends, others from across the globe.

2 comments:

  1. I am having morning tea with Jan next week. She has been keeping us up to date with Edward's progress and the signs are promising at the moment. I'm sure she will be thrilled with the quilt when she receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete