Sunday, November 10, 2013

The return of my mojo


My thread stand broke some time ago, in the interest of saving the old parts, my lovely husband today resurrected it, and even made it bigger and better. It has many more spool holders, I did find though that the short reels needed another reel underneath to stop the thread from tangling on the top of the nail he used. It is wonderful and will suit my bigger spools of thread nicely.

 My mojo is returning- albeit slowly. 2 more weeks of this job- 9 days really, then back to my normal shift work.
I have been doing catch up on the Queensland Quilters night ladies 'doin the block' project. OK, so I have done the blocks for this month and have not really started the last 4 months worth, but now I have a theme and a colour palette I am on track.
I really don't need another new project, but this is small and easy and doesn't need a large amount of time or space to do, or much brain power to make it work!
It will be next years xmas tablecloth.
Theme- paper pieced
Theme- spiral- easy machine appliqued- I couldn't find the fusible web, so used some other stuff that worked well
These 2 are close ups of my Hawaiian delight that was at the last QQ exhibition, a little too small for the applique category, but I am so pleased I finished it as it was a long term project. I was really pleased with the machine quilting, it came up really well.
So now back with renewed energy and vigour to my sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment