Saturday, January 11, 2014

So much to quilt- so little time

The New Year has started with a big bang- so much to quilt and so little time.
I have not have any holidays - yet so its full steam ahead working then coming home to rest or quilt, and loving the Bis Bash cricket on TV, havn't quite go t to a game due to my paid employment, but enjoying Ricky Ponting and his comments on TV so its a good way to entertain myself while quilting,
I have so many projects on the go at the moment, but not as many as some, I have discovered- that's lucky!

We had a lovely sewing day the week before christmas with some friends, lots done by some,I spent a lot of time searching for a piece of fabric required for a challenge- I did find it and it has continued to cause me some grief as I have stitched it- so much fraying.....  grrr

The current projects are for exhibition, some just because, its the age old problem of what to finish first! Oh and of course, we are having another day today, do I take my machine and do some serious piecing?, can't do quilting as my machine sits down in the table and to quilt out is a hardship- maybe i need on of those portable tables that your machine can sit down into!!

I subscribed to Superior Threads thread club this year, what a  treat!, I did get the mixed box of thread as I couldn't decide which particular style to choose, I get6 different reels each month, lovely yummy colours and a range of different weights. Oh and of course I added some extras along the way. Maybe more work and less time off to help pay the way!


Ready for a day out sewing...

The start of one of the latest pieces, its Cactus silk- frays like crazy, but is interestingly soft and fun to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment