Monday, February 13, 2017

Farmers Wife week 5- what a week!

What a week indeed, firstly a lovely romantic wedding in Adelaide, together with a fantastic gathering of old friends for a few days. Just wonderful.
Then a few days with my husband touring South Australia, some relatives and a few days on our own in the Coonawarra wine region.

Many fine glasses of wine tasted...

Then back home for a few nights before a wonderful day and night at a quilt retreat with my "people".

Then off to a very fun packed and informative weekend at Sea World on the Gold Coast at the Handi Quilter Academy convention.

I did some classes with both Birgit Schueller and Kelly Cline, long arming, even though I have a sit down machine- almost converted....

The Vintage linens is what I went for and I was not disappointed with both the fun and friendship. I met some old friends and made some new ones. I also did some ruler work, which was interesting and thought provoking, now to find time to play this week at home!
I forgot to take a picture before I rolled it on (below), maybe tomorrow I will take a better picture now I have the whole piece off the machine.



I also went to an Accuquilt class and made a block!

 My Farmers Wife Weekly Art Project took a little  back seat as I was so busy travelling, I managed to make 3 blocks at the retreat, although one needs a little refit.


 Sadly back to work this week, I hope to get lots of stitching done on my time off as it is so hot, I will have to stay inside by the aircon!


No comments:

Post a Comment