Thursday, February 16, 2017

Farmers Wife week 6

The Farmers Wife is coming along nicely, I did redo one block and then made another two yesterday, now that I am back from my holidays and back into working, not travelling, I hope to make at least 2 if not 4 blocks each week!
I have a good selection of red and red with white/ cream fabrics, sometimes it is really easy to choose which fabrics, other times I have difficulty as I have so many. There is a little nostalgia as I come across a scrap of something old that was used in a previous quilt.

 
week 6

week 6, this was fun as these fabrics are all new!
I attended the Handi Quilter Academy on the Gold Coast last weekend, I attended classes with Birgit Schuller- ruler work- this was fun, I came away with many new ideas and can't wait to have more time at my machine! 
I also attended some classes with Kelly Cline- she is a master of Vintage Linens, I had so much fun and really absorbed some of the energy and enthusiasm around quilting vintage linens. I have quilted one tablecloth in the past that belonged to my mother in law.

Now I am going to concentrate on some smaller items. Below is one started in my class- it is still a work in progress.


This is a piece I found in my aunts belongings, I am in the process of finishing the stitching so that I can quilt it, luckily it's almost done as I am a bit slow, but am happy that it is almost as neat as Dianne's stitching!



1 comment:

  1. J'aime beaucoup vos blocs Farmer's wife, la couleur rouge m'a toujours attirée!

    ReplyDelete