Sunday, April 9, 2017

Farmers Wife, week 13

Its not often that I can stick to something over a number of weeks, so I am quite pleased with myself that I have managed to get this far. I am about a third of the way through the 111 blocks in the book. Also more pleasing is that I am working my way through the book, am not discarding any blocks that I don't favour! which is quite a feat!

 Interestingly the two baskets I have made have the same small print fabric in them, I only have a very small piece, so its not something that I can use a lot of, a snippet in the baskets seems fitting.
The lady bird fabric is fun!
 I washed all the red fabrics and this is one that had some bleeding onto it from another, despite  lots of colour catchers!
A solid favourite block


Oops, I transposed the lights and darks, oh well,

The images below are some of the ruler work I am doing on my Bernina Q20. The fabric is still the slubby silk I have been working on. I am up to the filler stitches between the motifs.
I am using a mustard 50 weight So Fine, Superior Threads. I have had to make several passes to allow the thread to show on the dense silk, holding the ruler steady over the curves has been an interesting feature of this work. I am using the Bernina rulers.






No comments:

Post a Comment