I have had a busy few weeks at my paid employment!, however I found time this week to cut 4 blocks one night and stitch them the next night.
This process seemed to work quite well.
Sometimes I favour one particular red print, but sometimes I dig to the bottom of the bin and find a new one!
Sometimes as with the flower basket, I use the same fabric! then stitch the block the wrong way! I am not unhappy with it so it will stay as is for now.
It is a challenge often to find a fabric that is OK for what is obviously the basket!
Simple, but fun. Sadly as a bit of a paper waste, the pattern prints only one pattern piece per A4 page, right in the centre. I am not keen to try to move them a few to a page as I do not want to lose or distort the size. I am working out the obvious pieces, but some need to be just right of the pattern to work.
I now have a lovely pile of drawing paper.
This was a fun block to make, interestingly the light stripy fabric was only a very small piece and I didn't have enough, but made do with another light fabric.
Loving the spots!
I am off to Bundaberg tomorrow to teach a few classes of Improvisational machine piecing!
We did get washed out by Hurricane Debbie a few weeks ago, but tomorrow it is!
I am looking forward to a weekend full of fun and stitching and discovery.