Wednesday, May 10, 2017

There's fabric and then there's fabric!

Week 18 brings me to blocks 45 and 46. The fabric choices got a boost this week as I searched for something else and found some more red prints. Sadly my selection is lacking some lights, I am determined not to use a solid light fabric, even though I have some solid reds. All the light fabrics are red and white prints.

This brings me to the quality of fabric. 
Some fabric is soft and loosely woven and easy to use, but can distort a lot when used in such small pieces, especially triangles, some fabric is so stiff that it feels almost twice the thickness of the softer ones. 
I am using lots of spray starch to tame these odd fabrics into place!

Another basket.
I am resisting the urge to look at the next few blocks to see exactly how many baskets there are! let it be a surprise!



No comments:

Post a Comment