Friday, June 30, 2017

A little win and a very big weekend!

 First the good news, I won a prize this past week, third in the Modern category in the NSW Quilt Guild show. 
I am a  little excited, as it is such a big category with many talented quilters entering!
Thanks to the sponsors of my prize- Dayview Textiles, Berry Quilting Retreat and Sue's Top Finish Quilting service, and of course QuiltNSW.
The light was interesting at this show, however it did show up my quilting very nicely indeed.


I was in Sydney for the Craft and Quilt Fair as a guest of Bernina, doing some ruler work on the Bernina Q20 machine.
I had so much fun. Most of my samples were on the black fabric, although I did have some pieced blocks which were excellent for showcasing how easy the rulers are to use.
Below are some of my black samples, done using a Cindy Needham Ultimate stencil for the base grid.


Some zentangle style work using a straight ruler

Waiting to be filled with a fun free motion filler!
Border ideas


 My Farmers Wife has had a to wait a while this week while I have been recovering form my weekend and make a start on another quilt - yet to be revealed .
Block 58 came together very nicely, block 59 on the other hand needs a rethink and a restitch, there's not many that I restitch!
 Oops this is not going to lay flat - ever- no matter how much starch I use!

1 comment:

  1. Holy mother of polyester thread this quilt is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete