Friday, June 2, 2017

Got my mojo back!

After a very busy week- again at work, I have been very tardy last week and did not stitch any Farmers Wife blocks.
I did, however make a small quilt for the Spotlight competition!
There's nothing like starting at the last minute and stitching like crazy till its done!

This week I have done 4 Farmers Wife to try to catch up with my own self set timeline.
With these blocks I am using some different fabric combinations.
Usually I just pull out a dark and a light and start cutting !

  
 There is always the question of whether one should press the seams open or to one side, I always have the quilting design in the back of my mind when I am piecing, I do like to stitch in the ditch a lot, so am very wary of pressing seams open. Every so often some blocks need to be pressed open to avoid bulk.
Back to the sewing room now, there are so many deadlines and quilts to be finished ...


Preparation for the Craft and Quilt Fair in Sydney later this month is my next deadline, where I am Bernina's guest artist on the Q20, doing ruler work!

No comments:

Post a Comment