Monday, July 17, 2017

X plus quilt - a family gift

One sad and lonely block this week, and its very late.
I had hoped to get some more done,but life got busy. Paid work- can you believe it! house guests , and many nights out with friends!
This block was deliberately pressed with the seams open, it worked well, till I stitched it upside down! The centre isn't quite right the second time around, 
but I am not undoing it again.


This week I am trying to quilt this rather large XPlus quilt for my cousin for a 21st birthday gift. The birthday was last week, the quilt top took 2 weeks to make.
It is a bit special as I have used mostly her late grandmothers fabrics. The grand plan is to get it quilted and ready to bind before I head to Melbourne next week for my demonstration on the Bernina stand at the Craft and Quilt fair.
I do have a lot of work to do between now and then, some blocks to prepare, its good to have a pieced block to demonstrate ruler work on.
Below is one of the variations of quilting designs, I really like my plastic sheet, I found it at the art supply store, I do have a border of masking tape so I don't accidentally draw on my quilt.

 Partially quilted, I think that if I do a few hours every day I will be OK time wise....
 Bunched up on the quilting table
 The centre of one of the blocks, the gold fabric really sings with the pebbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment